Saturday, July 17, 2010

Saturday Meeeeeee Time and other ramblings...

I am sitting in a now very empty, yet wonderfully peaceful and sunny house...Dutch guests moved on...hubby gone to a party and I am Home Alone! Just had a busy yet very enjoyable time with the friends...and we eventually had some sun!
Now just realising I can do absolutely nothing. Hmmmm - pretty wonderful. But I am all fingers - just itching to get messy and busy in my room. I want to start on week 3 of my Claudine Helmuth workshop - there are now 500 folk around the planet also doing the course - and there's me thinking I might be one of the only two Brits. How naive can I be? Duhhhh...
I am definitely a fan of the on-line course style. The weekly structure is motivating, yet spacious and seeing as I must travel pretty far to get to a good workshop, it is a great option to help me develop, learn and actually get on with something constructive. So to anybody out there thinking of taking the dive into the on-line classroom - I say "Go Forth!" There are some great classes and courses around - I am already eyeing up the next paper pudding...
I have lent my camera to my friends so I will leave you with some piccys of some more cards from the exhibition I did...
 


Just started out with an ATC and green alcohol inks and took it from there. Decided to stretch my colour range and pulled in the bright yellowy orange paper.








Here - kind of a grungey look but still like the vintage feel. I still really love these stamps by Paper Artsy - you can do so much with them.


The yellowy paper was a from a set of handmade paper stationary which worked well for the card backgrounds and matching envelopes. Really like using embossing and stamping together to give texture and depth. Watch out when embossing with a polka dot folder if you're thinking of using a stamp with a person or faces - otherwise they might just look like they got the lurgy. A polka dot just loves to find that crucial spot that can knock out an eye or give a nose a bit too much dimension!
Just simply added a repetition of the main stamp image to the envelope front to draw it all together. So farewell my lovelies - just going to lounge that little bit longer...

No comments: