Wednesday, July 7, 2010

What's on your workdesk Wednesday (WOYWW)

If you're a weekendaholic you wait for Friday. But if you're slightly bonkers and are thrilled by a new splodge of paint or the angle of a inky flourish, then Wednesday is your day. This is just my second WOYWW and third week at blogging, but I have already experienced cold turkey yesterday by not having a blab about something.

Anyway...my desk. It looks like a right old flea market in there... I am only showing the one half of the room. It is the spare room/dumping ground/garden shed which had yet to be decorated,  and is supposed to be my craft room one day. Cinderella, you shall go to the ball... I am sharing it with a triple wardrobe, a dresser (temporary embossing station and beauty/girly corner) stack of crates, a big wooden chair (paper stash babysitter) junk shop finds and a whole load of other paraphernalia. Sigh.

I had tortured myself by looking at too many articles from "Where Women Create" and was holding out for the finished palace. In the end - I had to just buckle down and put my paper passion before my perfectionism. So it is a fold out vintage kitchen table, an old bookcase (bought for a tenner), loads of plastic boxes and a lot of improvisation. It is getting kind of crowed as the supplies increase. Yet, I am convinced that even if I had a football pitch to work on, I would end up with mess everywhere, still stuck in the corner with 5 inches of space.



There is an array of things going on. Mainly my Claudine Hellmuth on-line course stuff. You can see some prepared pages of a book for our sampler. Done two techniques and a mini-project so far. Never done an on-line workshop before but I really can vouch for it - especially all the interaction, global experience and nosing at the work of others.

 My nail file and tweezers are also there because I just pulled off all my acrylic nails - naughty me - but I just couldn't take it anymore. And seeing as I have to clean the kitchen and decorate a birthday cake by tomorrow...I thought, who cares? The nails were well past their sell by date and driving me barmy!!! Friday I'm booked in for a bit of SOS and TLC down the at the nail shop.

Here is the finished mini-project - canvas with gesso and ink transfer. I have to say that the CH paints and brushes are a worthwhile investment. First time I could paint without thinking a shaggy dog had done a few twirls over my stuff.

Breathe and just be...


So that is my chapter for today. I wish everyone an inspired week - even if you only have ten minutes..make them all yours.

11 comments:

Helen said...

At least you have a space that will one day be brilliant. I have filled my living room with my craft stash (there is only me there, so that helps!) but I dream of a proper room... Love the card BTW

Sue said...

Hi sasa
great desk pics, lovely workspace, very creative desk, lovely card, have good day, sue,x

Diane said...

Lovely card, well done

Annie said...

Love the card and your fab work space.
A x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sasa, I am a Claudine Hellmuth fan, but had no idea she had an online class. Your transfer is super. I really enjoyed seeing your work space. Happy belated WOYWW.

Claire said...

Loving the look of your craft space :)
C
xx

Julia Dunnit said...

It's a frightfully organised space! I think it's terrific - and yes, no matter how much room you have, you'd use it! I've seen a few painted book pages on my travels this WOYWW, glad to hear your enjoying your first online class - the canvas is gorgeous.

Sunshine Girl said...

Great space there and I agree with the football pitch scenario as I would be exactly the same! love the CH stuff too.

Andrea - Wales, UK said...

Great pics of your workspace and your canvas is gorgeous.

xx

Anonymous said...

Ah but at least you have a space to craft in and one day it will be exactly what you want it to be! Love the Breathe project.

Hugs
Brenda

Claire said...

Great canvas. My workspace is definitely not that organised, I try but it somehow always ends up so covered I usually have to swap to the dinning table as well! we haven't had a sit down meal for weeks lol!