Wednesday, April 13, 2011

whAt's 0n Y°Ur W0rkdEsk W3DneSday ?!!??

Morning All,
Wednesday morn had descended. Cue a quick shot of my desk! The usual array of supplies, left-overs, dust and works in progress.
I was and will never be a scrap-booker but for once I'm crossing the line - a gift for my Belgian mummy-in-law who leads art projects for children in needy countries. More another time as it deserves it's own post.
Now just look a that spread of loveliness! A mysterious parcel arrived from the US today and I was totally overwhelmed to discover it was a spontaneous make-you-feel-good gift from Cindy. Ooooh, I got an amazing stamp set, fab papers, embellies galore and a stunning card too. I was blown away and skipped all the way to work. Thank you Cindy, you are star and angel! I feel good...na, na, na, na, na, na, na...

Hubby and me are off to Holland and Belgium tomorrow so had a marathon crafting week getting projects and DT work all done. Getting a manicure tomorrow and some TLC! Visiting an uber-fab stamp show and craft shop too - full report next week from Bruges! Time to post one project before I whizz off...

A bit of risqué romance...inspired by the "tea" challenge over at Our Creative Corner. I decided to for a slightly different interpretation of the theme - but you can see a cup! What a damsel and what a look...there's a story there. I couldn't resist added some torn  pages from Lady Chatterley's Lover. All censored I must add.





Got pretty inky as I sprayed my flowers with walnut ink and coloured my press-studs...loving that paper from K & Company. It's no good, I gotta start using them and cutting down on the stroking...

I thought this stamp was perfect for the card and it fits perfectly in the frame. Again - couldn't survive without my ginger and coffee alcohol inks to transform shiny metal.
A close-up of those eyes and the book excerpt. Did anybody notice the luscious lips in the first picture!!!??? And any excuse to look at yummy layers of distressed papers.

Also entering my lady into :
Take a Word: Lace
Crazy4Challenges: Green, vanilla, brown. 
Pear Tree Designs : Lace
WhoopsiDaisy: Vintage
The Artistic Stamper: Layers 
Stamp Something: Sassy!
 Which brings me right back to my "Distressed" DT project for Simon Says Stamp & Show. We are all pretty good at roughing things up, so do join in with our challenge...read more about my piece here.



Got to dash, suitcases to fill and blogs to be hopped! I sure need an i-pad...join in with the snoop at Julia's...
See you all soon,

Sarah.

45 comments:

Nicky said...

Wow what a lovely surprise parcel - have fun why you are away ~ Nicky

peggy aplSEEDS said...

your distressed projects are lovely and what a wonderful surprise you got in the mail!

craftytrog said...

Stunning cards Sarah! x

HarmonySweetpea said...

You make a pretty awesome scrapbooker. The project is lovely!

Elaine Harding said...

Looks fab! tfs.

oneoff said...

Enjoy your trip - what a great excuse for some Belgian and Dutch stash! Those colours are so delicate on your cards, and I love the idea of using a little censored Lady C with the picture.

Bernie x

jude said...

Wow absolutely stunning projects /creations you have on display.Love the tea challenge one!
Have alovely time in holland and fab pampered wednesday by the sounds of things
hugs Judex3

Cathy said...

Gorgeous page, and I likey your parcel!
Happy Wednesday,
Cathy xx

Neet said...

Fabulous picture - love the colours you have chosen and all the elements that go into making this collage into the beautiful creation it is.
Have a great time in Belgium and enjoy your TLC moments. #26

Gio said...

love love your card, and combo you've used: so elegant!

Helen said...

What a busy desk - loads to see which is great; I love your projects. Have a fabulous trip.

Anonymous said...

love the creative feel of your desk. What a fab surprise package and I love the project you have shown. Have fun in Brugge - it is awhile since I have been there but have loved all my trips there

Bea

Franka Benjaminsen said...

Your tea card looks wonderful. I like the paper you used for this card. Also the first card, at the top looks great. Have fun at your holiday and see you.
xFranka

Kaz Hall said...

Have the best time away sarah....just dont foret your pin number, unlike me!! i think you are going to need it, have fun and so look forward to seeing what you buy/create with your new goodies

kazxx
p.s. Forgot to say how beautiful your creation is, stunning as always!

Angelnorth said...

What a sweet thought with the goodie package - have fun with it! The tea project looks great!

Sue said...

Hi ya
what a lovely gift to get in the post,gorgeous card, im sure you will do a great job with the scrapbook,enjoy your time away,thanks for the snoop, have good day, happy WOYWW, sue,x(10).x

Peggy Parker said...

Love the tea challenge pieces - and aren't you the lucky one to get such a wonderful package! :) Enjoy!

okienurse said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing. Vickie #78

lisa said...

How lovely to get such a surprise parcel. No wonder you were skipping!!
Your vintage projects are gorgeous. I love the idea of a bit of the book to go with your risque lady!!
Have a brilliant time on your hols.
Hugs Lisax #81

Cardarian said...

The Scrap- book for your mummy in law is lovely! She will be very happy! Your desk always a joy to look at and your card is just stunning! I am always amazed how you manage to put so many different things on your card and they end up in such a perfect symphony! Love it!
Hugs,
Cardarian

sandra de said...

Love what you are making for your MIL and the goodies from the US are brill. Enjoy your break.

Julia Dunnit said...

Gorgeous surprise..makes such a lovely day! Love the card; esp all the trimmings!

Zoechaos said...

WOW first visit here blown away by all the wonderful things you have shared, thank you. XOXO Zoe

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous desk and stunning creations. Have a safe trip. Tracy x

Cauliflower Cupcake said...

I LOVE the project you have done. Have a nice time away. YOU were SOOOOOOOO Lucky to receive such an amazingly gorgeous gift in the post like that. By the way I adore the forget me not stamp!
Happy WOYWW
Rebecca (84)

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Fabby desk and wonderful creations

Happy WOYWW

Ali #85

Angie said...

brilliant ...love the page ... is it a real family photo??? if not it really should be a FH LO ... Love it ...Have a great time away

Hettie said...

Love that card- very riske! Lucky girl to receive that parcel!
Enjoy Belgium!

Teresa - My Crafty Heart said...

What a fab card - I love it! I adore that era and I'm sure if she stepped out of the card she would love your card too. Thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week and good luck, Hugs, Teresa x

Gillian .... said...

Hi Sarah, thank you for your kind words, this card is beautiful, love the aged colour tones:)x

Folk Heart said...

You've got style and talent, and I am so happy to meet you. Super fantastic!

Chrissy said...

I love your creation. Very inspirational!

Sharon Wheet said...

Love the vintage feel and the graphics is wonderful Thank you for playing along with us @ occ. I hope that we see more of your work soon.

Twiglet said...

Great post - love the lady C card.

salamanda said...

Wonderful card full of fab detail. Enjoy your holiday.

Sheila said...

such pretty crafty projects!! Have a good time away with Hubby.
x

karen said...

Everytime I come to your blog, it makes me want to throw out all the bright colours I own and make things like yours!!!! Of course it would take years of practice to get to your level!
Have a great time on your trip!
xoxo Karen

BrossArtAddiction said...

Wow you have lots of inks!! Looks like your desk and inks are very well played with! Your cards are stunning too!

Happy be-lated WOYWW!

I have some yummy candy on my blog if you'd like to check it out! :D

My Blog Candy!

xx Tracey xx
#58

Tertia said...

Gorgeous projects.
Enjoy your trip.
Happy WOYWW

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Absolutely loving what you have created here, Sarah. That vintage image is sensational and so is your color palette. Of course, it's chocked full of all those lovely Sarah embellies. I definitely agree with you about the value of the alcohol inks to transform too shiny/brassy metal. Hope you are having a great trip. So happy you joined our tea party this week at Our Creative Corner!

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

Supremely beautiful card, I just love all the browns and the lace you used! Thanks so much for getting vintage with us this week at WHOOPSI DAISY:)

Susie said...

Beautiful card, love the browns and the vintage feel! Thank you for joining us at Pear Tree Designs this week and good luck xx

Unknown said...

Love the DT piece for Simon Says.

Artyjen said...

Gorgeous vintage layers :) Thanks for playing at The Artistic Stamper again this month ;)
xoxo Sioux

Shazza said...

Hi! Sarah!

I love thi vontage layout it looks fab and your arty tags are a little mastrpiece on their own :)

My name is Shazza.

I’m just letting you know that I run two really successful challenge blogs and would love to see you join in.

ARTastic is a challenge where we take paintings from the great artists with a little added criteria. The blog address is http://artasticchallengeblog.blogspot.com/

And

From Screen 2 Scrap is a challenge blog based on Movies with a little added criteria. The blog address is http://screen2scrap.blogspot.com/

Please add yourself as a follower so you get all the monthly updates.

We would love to see you join in.

Cheers and thanks
Shazza