Monday, June 6, 2011

Are We There Yet?

Morning Everyone!
The first Monday in June is upon us as the year races on, but a new month can bring new inspiration, discoveries and challenges. So without further ado I'd like to share my new piece for Simon Says Stamp & Show, where we want to see a tag. Tags are a great and versatile base for creating smaller art works...just enough space to play without getting lost. Here in the UK Father's Day is on the way...the perfect theme to try out my idea of a star-struck road to home.
I took four different sized tags and inked the up in Scattered Straw, Wild Honey and touch of Fired Brick Distress Inks. Then I stamped the lined background in Vintage Photo using Wendy Vecchi's Art Fit for a Queen stamp. I used it twice at different angles to get more detail. I wanted to create a roadway using the Celestial Art stars, so I stamped along the tag edges in Sepia Archival ink. I then added extra details from all the stamp sets over all the tags.

I have the Art Delivery Truck stamp, on wood as I still love that chunky feel! I embossed it onto thick card with Fired Brick Distress powder, trimmed and added upholstery studs for wheel trims. Spent a while snipping away and inking edges seeing as I can't have all the Art Parts, but he turned out just fine and seems to chugging along.

I used many stamps from the Homemade Art set on this piece focusing on the house at the end of the road. I created a background with Bundled Sage, stamping the stripes on top in Vintage Photo and then the images in Fired Brick. I played around and turned the Home part of the stamp into a kind of path and stand for the house. The house is mounted on card and pads for depth. I added an Alcohol inked metal clip and stamped "the end' as an extra...all done driving, safely back home...
This could well be my favourite bit...! Could be that dash of blue. I inked and stamped the dinky little flowers from the Art Parts Florals and hand-stitched the stems in red. I just adore the hand stamp too and thought it would look good reaching for the "find" word. I stamped in Stormy Sky, cut and glued it, adding a small spinner. I seem to have a thing for cutting out the smallest stamps I own, but that's just me. Do need to get new specs this month, so all the better to see you with...
I used the round stamp as a sun which is stamped onto Graphic 45 paper, trimming the outside circle to down for the right size. I didn't want to go doo-lally with embellishments but I have added a wee bit of interest with copper thread, one washer to one of the tag holes and two metal eyelets.

I cut up the sentiment into words, layering onto card. Here you can just see a shadow showing the raised up house and bit of the extra stamping.

So, that's my low down on life from crafting HQ. I hope you survived or just enjoyed the pictures. I've chosen warm colours but I still think it's simple enough for a chap, although I wouldn't mind trying out a darker version with lots of smoky blues and greys. Maybe you want to try that one out ??? Hint, hint.

 So now it's over to you to get busy with some Tageology and share it with us at Simon says Stamp & Show. Head over to our blog for all the details and some stunning creations from the great Design Team. It really is great to see your creations, so I hope you'll play along and maybe even make the Top Three!
Don't forget there's also a great shopping spree on offer too.
 Thank you for being here and taking a look...would love to hear from you so do leave a few words and feel free to pose any questions. I'll do my best!

Wishing you all Mucho Mojo,
Sarah.

17 comments:

Lesley Edmonds said...

This is a lovely piece. Just love the vivid colours. Such a good idea to link different sized tags together. Love that truck stamp.
x

Angie said...

Terrific tag! Thanks for sharing all the deets...terrific tidbits everywhere on this lovely creation!

Zoechaos said...

Fabulous and on fire! XOXO Zoe

JulieD said...

What a fabulous and original piece. Love the colours and the images it works really well. JulieD

Marjie Kemper said...

Sarah, this is so gorgeous! It's total eye candy down to every last detail.

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

This is awesome! What a fab way to use tags. I love that there are so many great details to look at, as you travel along the 'road'.
Caroline xxx

Pauline said...

Beautiful tags, I love the warmth you have created with the distress inks.

Art By Wanda said...

I totally love it!!!!!

Lynne Forsythe said...

CREATIVE GENIUS......I say...amazing details to create this LOVELY!!

Candy C said...

Sarah...I LOVE your tags. Love all the stamps and the colors you went with. They are warm and inviting...for sure. I love the Wendy Vecchi stamps you used on this. I've been contemplating getting the HOME one and I think you just sold me on it! :) As always, your work is genius! <3 Candy

Jackie Elwin said...

lovely fun way to use tags and so bright too!

Deb said...

This is a fun piece! I love the use of multiple tags for one scene.

Bunny Vance said...

Outstanding!!! I love it!
Bunny

Gillian .... said...

So cool Sarah ..love the way you have incorporated the different size tags, aren't those WV stars fab! Brilliant design, love all the little details.

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

A really fantastic piece of work, Sarah. I so enjoy all your different elements and techniques, read through the right-up savoring every one of them! Beautiful colors and textures with meaningful embellishments. Your tag totally rocks!

Sorry I have been MIA - haven't had a chance to go blogging in weeks and I know I've missed some great stuff.

Hope you are doing well.

Hugs,
Linda

Dolly Daydreams said...

Another fab creation , like the different heights of the tags ans such beautiful colours and stamping.

Marie

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Hi Sarah,

What an adorable concept and the yellow..fabulous! I love the collection of tags together going home, very sweet!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp