Monday, August 15, 2011

It's a Bling Thing...

Ola! Holiday greetings to all, be it a vacation or staycation! I've been away and it seems like an eternity, so I'm really glad to share my newest creation for Simon Says Stamp & Show. We want to see the sparklies, as there's a Bling Thing going on! I'm not much of a Blingy girl in real life or my art, but I do have a real weakness for vintage costume jewellery. A pair of old earrings got me thinking...

l thought the hangers would make some wonderful wings and I was itching to try out a Wendy Vecchi Pocket Watch. I love creating with different materials and elements and I enjoyed playing with stamping, papers, ink and metal findings, all of which lend themselves to many a style. A flying Diva in a whimsical and vintage mood came tugging at my sleeve..!
 She might be petite but she's got some depth. I used two watch pieces, a back and a frame, to create dimension and weight. I used Stormy Sky and Chipped Sapphire Distress Inks to colour the watch... those Art Parts just love being inked up! I stamped a circle of Design paper and sandwiched it between the front and back with some other scraps of mica, Belgian lace and book trimmings. The chapter title, YOUR LADYSHIP was just perfect!!!

The alluring face is stamped, cut out and brought to life with colour tints on the eyes, cheeks and lips. She rests on a scallop, inked in Rusty Hinge which I adorned with an old washer and Idea-ology flower. She does like to keep an eye on you, I must say...



And there's the Bling...! Applause for Glossy Accents which is working some serious muscles to hold those two there. I also added a few findings and a copper hanging chain and we are good to go!
Here's another picture to give you a better idea of the proportions. She is doing her Mona Lisa stare thing again. I really had a great time creating with this one (well, all of my DT work actually).

I hope you can find some inspiration in my piece and also those from all my fabulous Design Team mates. There are lots and lots of Blingy ideas out there, AND you can also meet the new Design Team members Ellen Vargo and Tracy Evans! Show them a little blog love please!
I'm really looking forward to seeing all your arty creations. Go on give it a go...all new-comers are very welcome. There's a generous $50 voucher in the hat and the coveted Top Three honour on offer! So have a think...what's your Bling Thing??? Thanks for calling by - always very appreciated. I would love to hear from you all, so feel free to add some wordy ramblings!

Hope you have a really great week - in all you do...
Sarah.

13 comments:

kissinia said...

Brilliant creation! Love your style! Hugs, kissinia

france papillon said...

a yummi piece, you certainly got me inspired! :)))

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Love this piece Sarah, great dimension and I love how you have used some vintage earrings, inspired. Love now you always use something a little different in your creations. Great to be creating along side you Tracy x

Marjie Kemper said...

Liking your watch lady, Sarah! Lots of depth and dimension and the way you've layered the title strip is so neat and different.

Joan Fricker said...

Great job!!! I also love you Grunge cuff for big girls. Wow.

Candy C said...

Hi Sarah! LOVE your Wendy Vecchi pocket watch! It's just beautiful! Love the used the vintage earrings...how clever! You always do such incredible work and this is no exception! <3 Candy

Crafty Loops said...

This is such a stunning piece of work, love the bling. Lee xx

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, so pretty! Love the shape! Great colors... the bling thing is perfect! :o)

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Totally inspired to use those vintage earrings on this piece as wings!! What an awesome effect it created. Love the color palette and the way you stamped the face on the text paper! A wonderfully created take on the bling challenge!

Hugs,
Linda

Gillian .... said...

Hi Sarah, beautifully created with so much depth, love the Bling! x

Dragon said...

Liking this one a lot, but then when don't I???
Frankie
xx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Way cool creation, Sarah! I love the crown shaped tag and the text over the image! It looks really awesome all assembled :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Such a beautiful piece of art.