Thursday, August 18, 2011

More of Less is More...

Hello Fair LIMettes,
Sarah back in the saddle after what feel like months away. Just two weeks actually but still, you get into a rhythm of joining in with Less is More and I have to say I feel all over the place after just a short absence of leave. Did you miss me?!! Having a staycation this week too which means lots of free time. Very surreal...indeed. I do need a summer break, but I am also the undisputed Queen of Faffing Around and definitely need some pressure and deadlines to whip my Mojo into action... You don't always have to feel creative and arty...sometimes it's good to just bite the bullet and get stuck in. So I did...

This week it's think ink. Might sound silly but I had to ponder for a few days as it's such a broad theme which could take many a path.
Even with cards, I like to have a concept to get my teeth into and let an idea grow. So, I asked myself what do I love about ink?
Four years ago I walked into a craft store and bought my first ever ink-pads and rubber stamps. Just inking up a stamp and seeing colours and images appear on paper still feels as good today as it did then. I stamped Tim Holtz's Floral Tattoo in white Stazon, dried it a little and then applied Wild Honey Distress ink with a blending tool. I played with the intensity of colour and then stamped a Hero Arts sentiment in Russet Archival ink. I love the detail in this stamp and can almost feel the warm glow from this wonderful colour!

So there we are...back on track with LIM which is a good start. I will be seeing you all again soon in Blogdom. Thanks very much for calling by and enduring my random thoughts. Off I must trot, I've got some faffing around to be getting on with...
Sarah.

27 comments:

kissinia said...

This is fabulous! Love visiting you here :)

Lori said...

This is so elegant and GORGEOUS, I LOVE it!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Love love the detail on this stamp Sarah and the intensity of colour is fabulous. Lovely piece. Must admit when I have a week of it does take me a white to get back into the rhythm again. Welcome back. Tracy Evans x x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Oops that was supposed to say takes me a WHILE, typing too fast LOL. Tracy x x

An Bella said...

Beautifull, to share your thoughts with us. This is not the first time I visited your blog.
But the first time a write.
You are an amazing artist and thank you for share your art.
Sorry my grammar in english, but i do´nt practice it a lot.
Have a good day.....or night. I am in America

Suze Bain said...

Beautiful image and sentiment and the colour is yum! xx

Gabrielle said...

Wild Honey has such depth of colour - and it looks amazing here. Enjoy your faffing - I love a bit of faffing about!

Gibmiss said...

Hi Sasa
Fabulous card ...love it....
hugs sylvie
Nice to have you back...
hugs sylvie
xx

Rachelxx said...

This is lovely, so elegant :-)

Cynthia Schelzig said...

Wonderful card...and welcome back into your saddle.............

Jan said...

Fab card xx Jan

Franka Benjaminsen said...

A beautiful LIM card, Sarah. Love the bright colour and the stamp with all it's details.
xFranka

Kim Dellow said...

Wow that explosion of sun burst is just lovely! Kim

Zoechaos said...

Fantastic XOXO Zoe

fatmonica said...

It's a beautiful card,I love the colours.

alexa said...

Such a pretty card!

Crafty Loops said...

This is so stunning. Lee xx

JoZart Designs said...

Striking piece. Simple but stunning... love it,
JoZarty x

Marjie Kemper said...

Oh yes.... THAT's why I have white staz-on. What a beautiful reminder!

Chrissie said...

This particular bit of faffing looks spectacular!
Great to have you back Sarah and we DID miss you!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Deborah Frings said...

I think this is just lovely - the colours are so intense, so gorgeous and that sentiment is super!

Terry said...

Hey there Sarah, just love love your color and the stamp is fab....wow your right you can feel the glow from this one...wohoooo thanks for sharing sweetie. hugs terry xxx

hazel said...

A fabulous card.
xxx Hazel.

Anonymous said...

Just fabulous! Beautiful colors and a super card! :)

Anonymous said...

Love the colours - you can almost feel the heat from here! Gill x

Mandi said...

Wonderful card Sarah
Terrific stamping
Perfect placement!
Thanks so much
Mandi
Diva LIM
"Less is More"

Robyn Oliver said...

This is a really lovely card Sasa