Saturday, August 27, 2011

Our Day Out and Vintage Photo Freebie!

Good Morning!
How are you all doing? Well I'm feeling très jolie that it's the weekend and looking forward to spending some quality time with my ink-pads. Sounds strange to some...but you know what I mean. I'm just dropping by with a tag I made last night using a postcard from my ever-increasing vintage collection.
 Good old sepia tones, scraps and a quirky bunch of folk! Lots of Vintage Photo Distress Stain, stamping and stitched edges. Then onto the layering... an old book page, crinoline and some Belgian lace. I've called it "Our Day Out" as it looks like they are in their finest glad-rags and I've whisked them all off (in my mind) to Brighton! Hence the typed snippet!
The postcard came from my local flea market here in Ludlow which is always oozing with such lovelies. This one is from around 1902 when such headgear was all the rage.
A close-up of the torn book page. "Visiting"... I thought the mood would be perfect for Frankie's Tag it On and The Stamp Man where it's all about travel. Lots of travel themes this week. We have one at Simon Says Stamp & Show too! The more the merrier I say...
And finally for all of you vintage lovers, here is the original postcard. I have so many wonderful images and thought it would be fun to share some with you instead of them gathering dust. So here you go! Do click and open the image first before saving for the best quality, rather than just dragging it off the page. (Use it however you fancy - original photo not intended for resale...be smart!) Now have fun with this bunch, do let me know if you use it... would be great to see. 
Enjoy your weekend...Sarah is signing out!

Also joining in with:
Just Add Ink - Something from your stash (my postcard!)
Dutch Dare Card Challenges - Anything but a card

23 comments:

Peggy Parker said...

AWESOME! I have so many vintage pieces to use - love your ideas! Thanks!

Ann B said...

Love the piece Sarah and thans for the download. I have a lovely photo of my Mother and her cousin taken around 1918 and it is very querky. Think I will scan and put on my blog as a freeby - thanks for giving me the idea.

Elizabeth said...

Great tag - the postcard is a brilliant find. Like all your aged embellishments too and the well-chosen book page. Elizabeth x

hazel said...

Wow! your tag is fabulous, I love everything about it. I inherited a lot of photo's and postcards and every so often I look through them and think to myself, I really must use these one day.
xxx Hazel.

Martina said...

WOW...this is awesome...gorgeous tag!!!

Dragon said...

They look as if they had fun!!! What a vintage dream, Sarah, so thanks for dreaming with us this week
Frankie
xx

penny4thoughts said...

Wonderful tag, Sarah!! I absolutely love all the layers and textures - so perfect with the vintage photo. You've embellished them perfectly, and thanks for sharing that fun postcard.

Kate Yetter said...

What a gorgeous tag!!! I love everything you did!! Thanks for sharing the postcard. Kate

Robin said...

Gorgeous tag!! Love the vintage postcard, the stitching and the additional embellishments you added, just beautiful.

Hugs,
Robin

Mae's Cachet said...

A very vintage tag. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink this week.

Wanda said...

What a fantastic dream. I could almost imagine being with them on their day out to Brighton. Everything goes so well. Thanks for joining us this week on the TIO challenge.
Wanda xx

Crafty Loops said...

What a fabulous card and I just love the photograph. Lee xx

Brenda Brown said...

Wow Sarah, this is just gorgeous. Fabulous layers and amazing postcard, I agree these people do look as if they are out for the day or perhaps off on a special holiday.
Thanks for sharing this amazing creation with us at the Stamp Man and thanks for sharing your postcard with us all too.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

ElizabethR said...

Gorgeous vintage tag thank hyou for sharing with us at DragonsDream TIO this week. Elizabeth x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Great tag, wonderful vintage feeling.

Lori said...

Lovely tag Sarah! Love that vintage image, thanks so much for sharing!

Marjie Kemper said...

Fab tag! Love the colors and layering (as always!) Can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve for Wednesday.

okienurse said...

awesome tag. Love all the texture and 'feel' to it. Thanks for the download.

Patrice said...

Fabulous tag! Love the different textures, and particularly the lace you've used.

Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Jo said...

Wow! I'm not really into vintage but this is gorgeous. Thanks for playing along at Just Add Ink this week.

Kim Dellow said...

Ok I think I TOTALLY love this one! Kim

Neil said...

Hi there, thank you for playing along with The Stamp man Challenge. Your project is great!

InstinctIS said...

Following the same direction from your post, there is another good freebie place that many are using ... talking about the badges from http://domof.com that show the pagerank and alexa popularity for any domain of interest simply by inserting some small code.j